The Firionia Vie Project:About
This server is currently under development and in the BETA stage.
- Emulate parts of the Firiona Vie experience from a Classic launch using EQEmu
- Encourage Roleplay, fair play, community, in-game economy
- Progress through expansions as the community is capable
- Almost ALL loot is droppable (exceptions for Epics, Artifacts, etc.)
- Old loots active (Manastone, Rubicite, etc.)
- Common Tongue starts at 1 skill if you're not human--you have to learn it
- Pets blow up when you zone
- Single-language (Perl) quest-script code base, and relevant database information to be open sourced at each expansion release
- Began 7 FEB 2018
- Cleanup of out-of-era mobs, loots, city zones will be ongoing
- Organize a client, and a wiki for information
- Volunteer Developer staff is welcome--please PM for details (strict rules for Devs, don't apply unless you can work on a team)
- Zone disruptions and server reboots will not be announced, but please get in touch with staff if you suffer unintended consequences
- Began 7 FEB 2020
- All players will be allowed, all city zones should revamped and in good shape
- Any issues that were missed should be identified and resolved
- ALPHA REWARDS will be gifted to dedicated helpers
- Cleanup of out-of-era mobs, loots, Newbie zones will be ongoing, progressing into higher level zones
- Characters will NOT be wiped after Beta
- Items that are game-breaking or unfair will be dealt with on a one-on-one basis with staff
- Zone disruptions and server reboots may not always be announced, but please get in touch with staff if you suffer unintended consequences
- To be Announced - all players will be allowed, all zones should revamped and in good shape
- All cleanup of out-of-era mobs, loots, and zones should be complete
- Faction work and the continued research of classic EQ will expand
- Zone disruptions and server reboots will be announced, with "Patch Day" updates and requisite down-time
8 October, 2001 - Patch Notes (Firiona Vie Server goes Live)
Our newest special rules server is now available. Firiona Vie is designated as roleplaying preferred. There are many special rules for this server, please read over them carefully before playing. We will be keeping an updated list of these rules on our web site at http://everquest.station.sony.com/guidebook/firionavie.jsp.
Firiona Vie Server Feature List:
- ✓ This is a new server, not a split server. Nor will there be any transfers to this server.
- ✓ Characters will be wiped before the server goes BETA
- ✓ This is a PvE (Player vs. Environment) server, NOT a PvP (Player vs. Player) server. In other words, it's a standard 'blue' server with the same rules and features regarding PvP as the vast majority of our servers. It is not one of the 'Zeks'.
- ✓ Auction restricted to city zones: Qeynos, Surefall Glade, Highkeep, Freeport, Rivervale, Erudin, Halas, Neriak, Grobb, Oggok, Greater Faydark, Ak'Anon, Kaladim, Felwithe, Paineel, Cabilis, Kael and Thurgadin.
- ✓ Beneficial buff spells will not work on characters 20 levels lower than the caster.
- X Each character will be assigned an "alignment" upon creation. This alignment will be described in brief on the character creation screen (in the same location that their Deity is described).
- X Each character will be able to change their alignment once any time after they reach 10th level if they choose. A character is not required to change alignments, but may do so any time after attaining 10th level. The player will be able to chose from a list of alignments based on their race, class and deity.
- X A character's alignment will determine whether or not they can group with other characters.
- X A character's alignment will determine an experience bonus or penalty when grouping with other characters.
- X A character's alignment will determine if they can cast beneficial spells on other characters (including resurrections).
- ✓ Language skills will improve only through group chat in the same zone and from /say.
- X Languages will only improve 1 point each hour and will be capped at level*5+5 skill points.
- X Common will not exist. A Human language will be added and only made easily available to certain races.
- X One character per account.
- X The Trivial Loot Code will be in effect in all zones.
- ✓ Very few items will be No-Drop. Exceptions will include things such as newbie notes and epic weapons.
- ✓ Bind Affinity will be restricted for all characters to locations where melee characters can bind on other servers.
- ✓ /emote will be language specific.
- X All characters will be /roleplay.
- X alignment will display the alignment of your character and probably a more detailed description of that alignment.